We are going to refer to the owners here, Super Tech Crew, as “Us”, “Our”, “Service”, “Site”, or “We”.
The information we receive depends on what you do when you visit the Site. We do not collect or retain any personal information unless you choose to provide it to us.
When visiting our Site, we collect and store non-personally identifiable information such as:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses (removing part of it to protect the user’s privacy).
- Browser details.
- Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Date and time stamp.
- Referring and exit pages.
- Number of clicks.
All of this information, while not technically linked to anything that is personally identifiable, is also anonymized to make sure it’s private and not linked to you.
Cookies are not used by us for tracking purposes, only when required for the functioning of the site.
Cookies are files with a small amount of data that is commonly used an anonymous unique identifier. These are sent to your browser from the website that you visit and are stored on your computer’s hard drive.
If you wish to disable cookies you may do so through your web browser options. Instructions for doing so and for other cookie-related management can be found on the specific web browsers’ websites. Note that doing so can cause unintended effects.
Matomo, Privacy-Friendly Analytics
We use Matomo for to see what’s being used and improve our services, while respecting the user’s privacy.
- It anonymizes the user’s IP Address by removing the last part of it. Thus we cannot identify the user with it, nor their location.
- Anonymized Logs are deleted after 180 days.
- We keep completely anonymized reports of number of users, browsers used, and such, so that we can see trends and patterns and improve the site accordingly.
- Even though the data is anonymized, it is still kept confidential. See the “Information Disclosure” section below.
- The server access logs are kept private and deleted after they are no longer needed for security, legal, or any other required reason.
If you would like to opt out for this site only, you may do so here.
Goat Counter, Privacy-Friendly Analytics
We are (also) using Goat Counter to see what’s being used and improve our services, while respecting the user’s privacy. We’re testing and seeing how it works, thus the reason we have two analytics.
We chose it because on how it anonymizes the IP Address, and its focus on privacy.
“No personal information (such as IP address) is collected; a hash of the IP address, User-Agent, and a random number (“salt”) is kept in the process memory for 8 hours to identify a browsing session, and is never stored to disk.
There is no information stored in the browser with cookies, localStorage, or other methods.”
Even though the data is anonymized, it is still kept confidential. See the “Information Disclosure” section below.
Amazon Affiliates Cookie
If you contact us, submit ideas to us, or request to be contacted by us, we collect the information you provide, which may include but is not limited to name, email address, postal address and telephone number.
Users might be asked to subscribe to our newsletter by providing name and email address to receive communication from us. We use a secure op-in subscription system and we reserve the right to contact subscribers with information related to this website and blog. Subscribers may unsubscribe anytime and every email delivered will contain an “Unsubscribe” link.
We may disclose your non-personal and personal information (if you choose to provide it) for the following purposes:
- To provide services to you.
- To organizations that perform services for us or on our behalf, including, without limitation, to provide service; conduct research, marketing or data processing; or to provide marketing or promotional services on our behalf, to the extent that information is necessary to provide services to us.
- To protect the Site and our rights; to protect ourselves against liability or prevent fraudulent activity; or where it is necessary to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain.
- In the event of or in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business.
- If required to comply with a subpoena or warrant issued or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with the rules or court relating to the production of records.
- If we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it.
We may employ third-party companies and individuals due to the following reasons:
- To facilitate our Service;
- To provide the Service on our behalf;
- To perform Service-related services; or
- To assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
We want to inform our Service users that these third parties may have access to the above information. The reason is to perform the tasks assigned to them on our behalf, such as hosting the site or running the network. However, they are obligated not to disclose or use the information for any other purpose.
We employ reasonable means of protecting the information provided by you. But remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure and reliable, and we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links to Other Sites